Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mawwiage.... That Bwessed Awangement...

So.... My sister got married this past week. Her reception was on the 10th of March, and then the ceremony was on the Monday March 12th. Personally, I'm kinda glad that she split it up like this for a few reasons.

a) I got to spend an entire weekend with my family.

b) We used the same desserts for both the reception and the wedding luncheon, so there were less leftovers and therefore less your-sister-is-married-and-it-feels-like-everything's-different-and-now-she's-on-her-honeymoon-which-is-just-WEIRD brownie binging for Meghan. :)

c) I can't really think of another reason.... it just seems that there should always be a c...

I know this is weird to say, but it's still sorta freaking me out that she's MARRIED!!! I mean, she's my big sister and one of my best friends. We've gotten a lot closer this past year, and now suddenly it feels like everything's changing...  AAAANNNDD, she's only two years older than me! It's craziness...

Don't get me wrong. I love my new brother-in-law. :) I'm so happy for them, and I know that they'll have a wonderful life and eternity. 

The reception was almost perfect. The decorations were beautiful, the bride-to-be and groom-to-be looked fantastic, we got to see some long-lost friends and family that we never see anymore, the food was amazing. Her colors were lime green, black, and yellow. It was SO Macinze I thought I was going to die! (In a good way).

The ONLY complaint that I have about it was that I was the one in charge of the transportation of the cake afterwards.... and the layers slid in transit. Did you know that buttercream frosting doesn't come out of black clothing? Ya. My cousin informed me of this as I was sitting in his car wearing my black bridesmaid dress with a huge 20 pound 3 (sliding) layer cake while he tried to navigate through my dear Cache Valley. The only problem here is that no matter how carefully one might be driving, there's NO way to go anywhere in Logan without having to go up a hill. Not a dinky baby hill, either... Like 5% grade, 1/2 mile long monster hills! 

By some miracle, we made it with no white irremovable stains on my dress, and we happily brought the giant cake with the sliding layers inside. That was my adventure for the weekend. ;) (Other than a date I got to go on, but that's a WHOLE different story.)

The day of the wedding was perfectly beautiful and sunny, but windy. When the bride and groom came out, I couldn't think of anything other than how happy my sister looked. I mean, there are fake smiles and real smiles, and I know my sister's real smile. She could not stop "real smiling" from the moment she walked out of the temple to the moment she started bawling when she tried to thank everyone at the end of the luncheon. She absolutely glowed, and I loved it!

At the luncheon afterward, there was delicious food (there always is at an O'Very/Alvey party!) and karaoke, at which my amazingly talented family always excels... I did not receive that particular talent, but I was the designated recorder, and I thoroughly enjoyed that. My favorite part was when we initiated John into our childhood society called J.O.S.H (Junior Olympic Swimming Heroes), and I actually said something that was funny on purpose! :) Usually, I am only funny when I'm not trying to be.... But it was a magical day!

Basically, it was a very wonderful and touching day. I loved seeing how Macinze and John glowed. I think that it comes from being blessed with the opportunity to spend the rest of eternity with your best friend. And that's the most important thing. 

The only downside is that whenever my sister cries, it makes me cry. Unfortunately, when she stops.... I don't. I was bawling for the whole cleanup, the send-the-newlyweds-off, AND during my entire drive back to Provo. (I also cried while I was making up my swim practice, and I've never been so grateful for long pulling sets or an empty pool in my life...)

SO.... this is the longest blog post ever. ;) I just have to close with this.... God bless those who are lucky enough to have each other, not only for a lifetime, but for eternity!

Also, funny story: they took my car on their honeymoon, and we didn't get a chance to wash off all the decorations before they gave it back to me. Just so you know, when you drive through Provo alone in a car that says "Just Married" and "bride" and "groom" all over it, you get some weird looks...especially when you're in a traffic jam and you drive with your left hand and they stare at your ring-less finger, likely wondering if you were abandoned at the church on your wedding day. ;) I should have pulled out a tissue...







The tall redhead one and the tiny one on the
end are my brothers. :)
I'm the one squished in between my two gorgeous redhead sisters. :)




Mr. and Mrs. John and Macinze Coyle!! Together for all eternity!


I also wanted to add a couple of pics from a REALLY long time ago.... Just for good memories. :)

(And, to answer your question, YES I spent my entire childhood in a swim suit. Not much has changed... I know.)



I've always looked up to my sister. :) 
                       

1 comment: